Board 6
Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - Printable Version

+- Board 6 (http://board6.com)
+-- Forum: The Good Shit (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://board6.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government (/showthread.php?tid=11357)

Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - sTr - 08-06-2012

Shit is getting scary on the internet, give this a full read and you'll see why.

Torrent Freak Wrote:The nightmare week for Demonoid has just reached a huge crescendo, with news coming out of Ukraine that following a massive DDoS attack the site has now been busted by local authorities. Those looking for a U.S. connection to the raid won’t be disappointed – a source in the country’s Interior Ministry says that the action was scheduled to coincide with Deputy Prime Minister Valery Khoroshkovsky’s trip to the United States.

Last week thousands of Demonoid users feared the worst when their beloved site disappeared from the Internet. Many thought that the site had been busted, but were eventually relieved to hear that it was ‘only’ a massive DDoS attack.

But today the roller-coaster ride plummeted to new depths, with confirmation coming out of Ukraine that the DDoS was just the beginning – the site has been busted by the authorities.

ColoCall is the largest datacenter in Ukraine and a place that has been Demonoid’s home in recent years. But in the middle of last week, in the wake of the DDoS attack, government investigators arrived at ColoCall to shut Demonoid down.

“Investigators have copied all the information from the servers Demonoid and sealed them,” an anonymous ColoCall source confirmed. “Some equipment was not seized, but now it does not work, and we were forced to terminate the agreement with the site.”

As reported on TorrentFreak following our discussions with Demonoid’s admin last week, there were suspicions that the site may have been subjected to some kind of exploit or hack in addition to the DDoS. That version of events is now confirmed by the ColoCall source.

“Shortly after [the DDoS] a hacker break-in occurred, and a few days later came the investigators,” the source added.

But aside from the busting of the site, which is the biggest BitTorrent-related raid in recent memory and one that has taken out the world’s largest torrent site/tracker combo, there is a rather large international sting in the tail.

Despite general opinion that Demonoid did not contravene Ukranian law, especially since it blocked all Ukranian IP addresses to avoid upsetting the locals, the site still attracted the attention of the authorities there. That, according to a source in the country’s government, is all down to the United States getting involved.

A source inside the Interior Ministry has informed Kommersant that the raid on Demonoid was timed to coincide with the very first trip of Deputy Prime Minister Valery Khoroshkovsky‘s trip to the United States. On the agenda: copyright infringement.

Ukraine had promised the United States that it would improve its attitude and efforts towards enforcing copyright and no doubt its Western partner will be very pleased indeed that Demonoid’s head has been presented on a platter.

But while Demonoid’s servers are in custody, the site’s admin does not appear to be. The ColoCall source would not say who is behind the site, only that its management is located in Mexico. The devil may yet be back….

TorrentFreak contacted the Demonoid admin for a comment but we have yet to hear back

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-busted-as-a-gift-to-the-united-states-government-120806

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - R31GN - 08-06-2012

Didn't read. Fuck torrents. Mediafire > all else

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-06-2012

Getting free media was never legal. I'll just say it was fun while it lasted. Back to only listening to what I like and never giving anything else a shot unless one of my favorite bands recommends/lets them open for them live.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - sTr - 08-06-2012

R31GN Wrote:Didn't read. Fuck torrents. Mediafire > all else

why is this?

!'m only asking out of curiosity because !'ve never looked into that.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-06-2012

I remember the dude micke here used to hate torrents too, and he always used Rapidshare, and he gave me a few albums and they were fast as hell.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - KillaMo187 - 08-06-2012

sTr Wrote:
R31GN Wrote:Didn't read. Fuck torrents. Mediafire > all else

why is this?

!'m only asking out of curiosity because !'ve never looked into that.
Because they're the kings of the net. If they get busted they get outta jail in 10 minutes or less.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [Image: mobile.png]

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - F-Disk - 08-07-2012

i torrented alot with a seed box then i didnt want to pay for it and i googled my way to megaupload links of everything and i they went down no i just use my nabors interwebs when i want to torrent but demonoid sucked the balls anyway its all about torrent leech.org but you have to be invited and if you dont seed you get banned

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - sTr - 08-07-2012

do you have an invite?

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - F-Disk - 08-07-2012

do u have your ports open on your router for proper seeding? and you cant download a bunch of old shit right away otherwise you will never make up your ratio you have to use it for new stuff only till you have a nice buffer but yea i have one i can get banned if you get banned to so if you realy want it you have to make sure to keep your ratio up or atleast get a program to fake your ratio.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-07-2012

Sounds like it's run by elitist data jews.

its fast even stuff that gets thrown up right away like tv shows have 200 seaders in like 30 seconds cause so many people have seedbox's

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - LuckyNumbrXIII - 08-07-2012

I'm sure. But it's like... I hate sites that have crazy rules like that shit. I remember some sites didn't let you on unless you can prove you had a certain upload speed n shit. It's like... gimme a break. You're stealing music and movies, not powering life support systems. I don't need shit that badly.

idk ive downloaded 500 gb on this site and uploaded 1tb but you only need a .4 ratio to stay on they just dont want people hitting and running

Nah, I get why they do it. I'm just saying that's silly for someone like me, who doesn't need it that badly. You guys have at it. lol

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - sTr - 08-07-2012

Brisk, send me an invite. ! Have a 4.25 ratio everywhere else.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - BiggGameJames - 08-07-2012

whats next?

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - OddBallFreak - 08-07-2012

-leeches off of b6

you dirty skank!!!!

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - F-Disk - 08-08-2012

str pm me ur email that your going to be useing for the acount ill send invite but im going to bed ill check it in the am and send invite

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - sTr - 08-08-2012

What are some other private sites that anyone can give me an invite to?

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - BoneZugz - 08-08-2012

ILoveTorrents

last I checked, they actually opened registration to aquire more members heading from demonoid, but I dunno if its still unlocked for the public and not invite only right now.

Its good shib.

Re: Demonoid Busted As A Gift To The United States Government - BoneZugz - 08-08-2012

Anonymous putting their foot down

Following news of Demonoid's takedown, the hacktivist group Anonymous attacked the Ukrainian government on Tuesday with its usual technique: a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.

The collective targeted and took down the National Television and Radio Broadcasting Council of Ukraine (nrada.gov.ua), the Ukrainian Agency for Copyright and Related Rights (uacrr.kiev.ua), and the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (apo.kiev.ua).

All the sites appear to be fully operational again at the time of writing.

The initiative, dubbed OpDemonoid, was explained by an Anonymous-released video -- seen above -- which announced the plan on Tuesday.

In a previous statement to the public, Anonymous reminded the Ukrainian government that they had faced its wrath before. Here's an excerpt:

("Haven't you, Ukraine, learned anything from the Anonymous Collective? You were attacked once, and yet feel the need to keep censoring us, your people, and every day hard working citizens? Ukrainian government, You should have expected us.")